14 June 2009

warning

There comes a time when that frozen pizza isn't always going to be the best option. I had one of those a few weeks back.

I was rather excited about my spicy chicken supreme pizza but for some reason Digiorno decided to ruin it with an unsuspected surprise. I had unwrapped the pizza, taken the cardboard off the bottom, even added some tomatoes and pine nuts myself. Again, rather excited for a good pizza.

After a few minutes in the oven, I smelled some smoke. Thinking it was just something burning from the last pizza I had cooked, I didn't care to look. Then it got worse. Then the smoke alarm went off.

Problem? Seems that Digiorno decided to put TWO (count them, 1-2) carboard circles under the pizza this time. So at 425 degrees, cardboard pretty much adheres to the bottom of the pizza and burns to a nice crisp. Nothing like scraping the ingredients off into a plate and eating cheese and whatnot for dinner. It takes a lot for me to get mad.. but I was so mad.

No comments: